Monday 12 December 2011

my Professional Development Plan (PDP)


Since now I am studying at master's degree level, I want nothing more than to graduate my master's degree as soon as possible, for I am very looking forward to having a job as a professional science educator at university level. I continued my master's studies straight away after I finished my undergraduate studies. Thanks to Allah who made my dream to further postgraduate studies just after completing my undergraduate studies finally came true; and may He make my next mission; which is to graduate in the year of 2012 become a reality.

In the classroom, I hope I will not spoon-feed my students with the factual information or solely the contents. In that way I think my students will appreciate to whatever skills or knowledge they gained. Thus, my main theme of teaching & learning in my class would be in the constructivist way. I believe every student is not like the empty vessel but these people bring along their own ideas, prior knowledge and past experiences to my class. As I consider my self as a creative person, I want my students to think in the creative and critical ways. Emphasizing on student centered learning strategies, I will help my students to explore and develop their various skills into good use. As a result, they will find out what they're really good in.